Internet Service Providers’ Association of Ireland is one of the funding members and part of European Internet Services Providers’ Associations – EuroISPA.
EuroISPA was established in 1997 to represent the European ISP industry on EU policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best-practices between national ISP Associations. Its secretariat is located in Brussels.
EuroISPA is managed by its members, thus each member appoints a representative to the EuroISPA Council. This body meets on a regular basis each quarter and in special sessions, as required by the members, in order to formally discuss policy, matters of importance to the EU Internet Industry and the administration of the organisation. Meanwhile, informal, continuous discussion between the members ensures that EuroISPA is a close-knit organisation, taking advantage of the wealth of expertise and experience contained therein.
As an active member of the EuroISPA Council, ISPAI’s activities include lobbying in the EU Parliament and Commission in relation to current issues of EU Internet related directives and regulations, such as: Data Retention, Data Protection, eCopyright, eCommerce, etc.
- AFA – Association des Fournisseurs d’Acces et de Services Internet
- AIIP – Associazione Italiana Internet Providers
- ANISP – The National Association of ISPs of Romania
- CZ.NIC – Czech Internet Association
- ECO – Verband der deutschen Internetwirtschaft
- FFT – Federation Francaise des Telecoms
- FiCom – Finnish Federation for Communications and Teleinformatics
- ICT-Norway – Internet Service Providers Association of Norway
- ISPA Austria – Internet Service Providers Austria
- ISPA Belgium – Internet Service Providers Association Belgium
- ISPAI – Internet Service Providers Association of Ireland
- ISPA UK – Internet Services Providers Association UK
- LINX – The London Internet Exchange
For further information visit http://www.euroispa.org